Leanne and I

Leanne and I

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Michigan and a golf trip

This past week I went to Michigan to visit my family and kids. I also went to North Carolina for a golf trip. While in Michigan I would be staying at my daughter Heather's house. Heather had said that Tanner wanted me to make him noodles while i was there. I also got a request to make cinnamon rolls from my granddaughter Dayton.  As you can see Tucker and Tanner were up early to help me cook.


And as you can also see, Heather has a small kitchen.



Tanner kept asking if we when we were going to make noodles. I said after the cinnamon rolls, but then Heather wanted me to make bagels.  



Cinnamon rolls and bagels finished, now on to the noodles. 



First we roll out the dough, Tanner is a little amazed at the process.


Then we ran it thru the cutter, they each had a turn at this. Can you see the excitement in there faces? 


I was also able to watch Dayton, Seeger and Avery at there softball practice.



The practice was indoors at the old middle school gym.



The next day I would drive down for my golf trip in Pinehurst, North Carolina. On the way down we stopped and played a round at the Pete Dye River course in Virginia. 


Sunday morning we were up and going for more golf, Pat and George were dressed for golf.


This was Tot Hill golf course, a very fun but challenging course.


From there we went to our rental house, we had now problem watching TV.


Getting ready for the next day of golf with breakfast bloody Mary's. We also had a breakfast of sausage, eggs and fried potatoes  




Some people had a problem with there new shoes. This is Herb tapping up Mikes feet, his new shoes were narrow.


An idea of what some of the holes were like at Tobacco Road golf course. The green is over the sand area.



And this is where not to hit the ball. The red circle is where my next shot went.


The Golf crew at the start of the second 18.


Can i play thru? this is where Mikes second shot ended up.




There were winners 

and losers----he's not crying, he's just wiping the sweat off his forehead.
Well that is what he said. 



We also stopped at Pinehurst golf course just to see the club house.

This is the croquet court.



and this is the comedy court. Pat and Mike doing there best Payne Stuart intimation.




While i was golfing Leanne was back in London working during the week. When the weekend finally came she did what she like to do and that is walking.


And with the flowers in bloom why would you want to stay in the house.


And the night walk wasn't bad either.




Just an everyday occurrence in London, horses walking down the street.


Meanwhile I was back in Manchester and was able to watch two of my grandsons wrestle. This Tanner in his first match, he would finish the match with a pin.




And this is Tucker, although he did not win, he surprised me at how good he was. It was very enjoyable watching them.


Now i'm back in London and time to walk Coach. 


No comments: